8 Easy Natural Remedies for Piles (Hemorrhoids)
Hemorrhoids, also known as piles, affect as many as 75 percent of people in the United States at some point in their lives. They most frequently strike when people are between ages 45 and 65. This common problem occurs when veins in the anus and rectum become swollen and inflamed. A number of factors contribute to them, such as gravity, family history, constipation, a low-fiber diet, heavy lifting, obesity, food allergies, lack of physical activity, pregnancy, and prolonged sitting or standing.
Hemorrhoids are mainly of two types – internal or external. As the terms suggest, internal hemorrhoids develop inside the rectum and external hemorrhoids lie just below the skin around the anus. Some common symptoms of hemorrhoids are blood clots or lumps around the anus, bleeding during bowel movements, irritation near the anal region, and the urge to have a bowel movement even when there is no stool. If left unchecked and untreated for too long, hemorrhoids may also lead to complications like chronic blood loss, strangulated piles, tissue death and even anal or colorectal cancer. Fortunately, it is not difficult to treat hemorrhoids and alleviate symptoms with simple, natural ingredients.
Natural Remedies for Piles
1. Radish for effective home treatment of pilesMany traditional medicine don’t allow patients of piles to have root vegetables. However, radish is one of the root vegetables along with carrot that is not denied to them. In fact, radish is recommended as an effective remedy to cure piles. It flushes out your system relieving you of the pain and inflammation due to piles. There are different ways in which you can have or use radish for hemorrhoids.
Ways to use radish for piles
Have radish juice twice a day. Grate or grind radish in such quantities that will give you ¼ cup of radish juice. Have ¼ cup each of radish juice twice a day, in morning and evening. Gradually increase the quantity of juice to ½ cup over a period of one month.
Have radish with honey. Grate radish and have about 1 tablespoon of this grated radish with 1 tsp of honey. Have it twice a day.
Apply radish paste to piles. Grate some radish and add milk to it to make a paste. Apply this paste on piles and around your anal opening. Leave it for about 15-20 minutes and then wash off. Do it twice a day to reduce inflammation and pain.
2. Have dry figs for easy bowel movementYou need to work at your constipation by stimulating your intestine’s movement. Figs can do this job very well. They not only help you in having easy bowel movement but also keep your anal canal clean which may have shrunk due to hemorrhoids. Have them daily twice but in the right manner.
How to have figs for piles?
Take 2-4 dry figs
Clean them properly with water.
Soak them in water overnight.
In the morning, have these soaked figs on empty stomach. Do not discard the water in which the figs were soaked. Have that too.
Now soak another batch of 2-4 dry figs in water that you will have in the evening.
You will need to have figs this way for about 3-4 weeks.
3. Pomegranate remedy for pilesSiddha medicine is one of the world’s oldest medical system that originated in South India. Siddha medicine uses different parts pomegranate fruit and plant to treat piles. Here are some of these pomegranate remedies for your pile’s home treatment.
Ways to use pomegranate for piles
Use powder of pomegranate flowers. Get some flowers of pomegranate and dry them in shade. Grind the dried pomegranate flowers to get their powder. Have a teaspoon of this powder with honey on an empty stomach first thing in the morning.
Burn the peel of pomegranate fruit. Peel the pomegranate fruit and separate its outer peel. Now burn this peel to get its ashes. Mix a teaspoonful of this ash in 200 ml of water and wash your anal region. Do it for many times during the day. Continue this remedy for 7 days.
Boil the peel of pomegranate fruit. Put the peels of pomegranate in water and boil this water. Strain and have one glass each of this water in morning and evening. This is a quick remedy for piles which means you can get relief fast when using this remedy.
Drink pomegranate juice for bleeding piles. If you suffer from bleeding piles, drink a cup of pomegranate juice twice everyday. Even cranberry juice can be taken for this purpose. Both of these fruits are hemostatics which means they have the ability to stop bleeding. Due to this quality of the fruits, they can heal your bleeding piles.
4. Black cumin seeds for pilesTraditional medicine also gives importance to cumin seeds when it comes to treatment of piles. You can either have cumin seeds after preparing a powder in a prescribed manner or apply it on your anal region. Here are both the ways to use cumin for your hemorrhoids.
Ways to use cumin for piles
Make a powder of roasted and raw black cumin seeds. Roast a tablespoon of black cumin seeds, also called shah jeera. Take another tablespoon of raw black cumin seeds that have not been roasted. Ground both roasted and raw cumin seeds to get a powder. Now mix ½ teaspoon of this powder to a glass of water and have once daily.
Make a paste of cumin seeds powder. For this, grind some cumin powder to get its powder. Take a tablespoon of this powdered cumin powder and mix with some water to get a paste. Apply this paste on your anal region and leave for about 15-20 minutes. Do this twice a day.
5. Make herbal tablets for pilesYes, it’s very easy to make these herbal tablets at home.
You will need: equal quantities of
Take all the ingredients and pound them.
Mix them all with a little water.
Now grind them to get a paste like consistency.
Make tablets of 1 inch size out of this paste.
Dry them in shade.
Store them in an air tight container.
Take 1-2 tablets every morning and evening with water as you would take any other pill.
Continue having these pills for few days till the time you get relief from your piles.
6. Mango seeds remedy for bleeding pilesThe big mango seeds are a big cure for your bleeding piles. Here is how to use them for treating hemorrhoids.
You will need:
Take out the seeds from ripe mangoes.
Place them in a shaded place so that they may get dried fully. This will take a few days.
When your mango seeds dry down completely, grind them to get their powder.
Store this mango seeds powder in an air tight container or a bottle.
Take out about 2 gm of mango seeds powder and have with a little honey twice a day. 1 tsp is equal to 3 gm so you should take a little less than a teaspoon.
Continue having this mango seeds powder- honey mix till the time your piles subside.
7. Jambul fruit for permanent treatment of pilesDue to its various medicinal properties, jambul fruit has has been used since ages in traditional Ayurvedic, Unani and Chinese medicine for various medical conditions including diabetes, constipation and piles. You may know the jambul fruit by its other names like black plum (not blackberry), java plum etc. This may be your permanent cure for bleeding pile.
How to use jambul fruit for piles?
Just have a handful of jambul fruits with salt every morning, better if on empty stomach, for 3-4 months. This is a seasonal fruit of summer. So have this every morning for whole of the summer season.
8. Buttermilk remedy for quick cure of pilesButtermilk is prescribed extensively by traditional medicine practitioners for getting fast relief from piles. If you are not able to find buttermilk in market, make it yourself. Add some warm water to plain yogurt and churn it till you separate the butter from it. Remove the butter and the remaining milky liquid is the very beneficial buttermilk. Here are some methods to have it for your piles problem.
Ways to use buttermilk for piles
Have buttermilk after yogurt-mustard mix. In a bowl of yogurt, mix some coarsely ground mustard seeds. Mix well and have it. Do not just swallow, chew the coarse mustard seeds properly. After having this yogurt flavored with mustard, have a full glass of buttermilk. This is your quick remedy to get rid of bleeding piles in very short period of time.
Make herbal spicy buttermilk. Add a pinch or two of rock salt, peppercorn powder and ginger powder to a glass of buttermilk. Have this twice a day. This will amazingly reduce your pain due to piles.
Have buttermilk with bitter gourd leaves juice. Take few bitter gourd leaves and crush them to strain out their juice. Take enough leaves to get 3 tsp of such juice. Mix this 3 tsp bitter gourd leaves juice to a glass of buttermilk. Have this every morning on an empty stomach for at least a month’s time.
Use carom seed powder in buttermilk. Take ¼ teaspoon of carom seed powder. Add this to a glass of buttermilk with a pinch of salt. Have this everyday to cure your piles.
This blog provides general information and discussions about health and related subjects. The information and other content provided in this blog, or in any linked materials, are not intended and should not be construed as medical advice, nor is the information a substitute for professional medical expertise or treatment.
If you or any other person has a medical concern, you should consult with your health care provider or seek other professional medical treatment. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something that have read on this blog or in any linked materials. If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or emergency services immediately.
The opinions and views expressed on this blog and website have no relation to those of any academic, hospital, health practice or other institution.